How to Choose a Travel Guide
Just try it: DailyTripFinder.com
If you are going on a trip or vacation, purchasing a travel guide can be on your list of things to do before going. There are lots of travel guide books that you can find on the market, and to select the proper one is very essential. Several travel guides are catering to the rugged adventurer, whereas others are focusing on the five-star luxury, and few ones are having a bit of both. To become familiar with various kinds of travel books and to focus on your needs will help you in selecting a travel guide that is just right for you.
- Think and ask about what kind of traveler you are – Just like any book, travel guides are created with a particular audience in mind. Do you want to backpack through Asia? Or do you want to have a spa hopping in Europe? Are you going to travel with children? Find a guidebook that is targeting your kind and will help you in finding the information you may need regarding your travel destination.
- Focus on your destination – You need to focus on where exactly you would want to go. This may sound like odd, but it is one of the most significant things, which you need to consider. If you want to travel all over North America, you may want to consider looking for a guidebook that will highlight the entire continent. Purchasing a book for every region of United States, Mexico, and Canada would be too much. Likewise, if you would want to travel to Nepal, you may want to consider buying a travel guide book that will cover just about the country, instead of the entire Asia. Moreover, if you want to spend your weekend in London, a city guide can be just what you need rather than something covering the entire England.
- Select your medium – How do you like your information and other details? Various smart phones already have several applications for travel, and so if high-tech and tiny is what you like for your travel guide, this will be a great choice. Handheld devices are really easy to search and easy to carry, but the small print is quite hard to read. If you want to go this route, you should check out several apps for your travel destination, and see if they can meet your needs. You may want to consider using your handheld device together with a guidebook. If you want quick bits of information, but less cultural commentaries and history, note it when you shop around for your travel guide book.
- Visit your local library or store in order to familiarize yourself with the major brands of guidebooks – Every guidebook is taking a slightly different approach to organization, and so you should look for one that is appropriate for you. Scan it for ease of search and readability. If you find that the maps are hard to navigate or the information is really confusing, select a different book.
- Narrow your search – Look at the books you consider. Some books are very graphics with a lot of pictures, others are detailed with history, while others are offering step-by-step walking instructions surrounding the cities.
Knowing some tips on how you should choose your travel guide will help you prevent being lost and help you with convenience and destination information as well, and thus helping you make the best out of your vacation.