How to Arrange for Your Child to Fly Alone
Just try it: DailyTripFinder.com
At a young age, children are not yet capable of handling themselves alone. When it comes to traveling, they still need the assistance of parents, especially on arranging the flight. In the recent period, there might be changes on the rules and policies on airports. A solo trip for your child will not be threatening if you will guide them.
These are the steps you must consider to have a safe flight for your children:
- Be familiar with the air carrier- This is the primary step you must look at. As a parent, you want your child to reach the correct destination. During the process of flight scheduling, don’t hesitate to ask about the UM or unaccompanied minor policies. If there are possible changes on the UM charges, you need to know ahead of time. For the requirements, you must inquire about the forms needed. You will save time if you filled out the papers before the actual flight. It is also necessary to inform the carrier about your child’s health condition whenever his sickness unexpectedly attacks. Do not forget to write the authorized person who may escort your child upon the arrival.
- Prepare all requirements for your child- As a minor, your child is not fully aware of things like arranging his own flight. Make sure that he will be stress-free on the entire trip. You wouldn’t want your child to be asked by the representative for lacking papers.
- Watch on the available meal along with the package- If your child has food allergies, you must reserve the meal which will be best for him. For the absence of meal service, just prepare your child’s favorite meal.
- Give clear instructions to your child- To make your child confident on his solo trip, it is ideal to give him pieces of advice. Make it clear that he must not go with a stranger. If he needs something, he must only ask the uniformed employee or representative. You can also tell a flight attendant to keep an eye to your child. A well-guided child will surely be safe from future danger. Most importantly, tell your child to listen to the announcements.
- Pack a bag where all essential items are found- There must be a copy of the phone numbers at home, flight schedule (date and time), departure, arrival, and airline numbers. For alleviating boredom, it is necessary to include books, headphones, and electronic devices. The policies regarding the usage of gadgets must also be known by the child during announcements. Other personal things such as clothes, toothbrush, eyeglasses, medications, and others must not be forgotten.
- Let your child wear his most comfortable clothes- You don’t need to force him to be dressed in casual.
Being knowledgeable on how to arrange for your child to fly alone will give a lot of benefits. Aside from saving time, the child won’t feel separation anxiety during the travel. The entire solo travel experience will prepare him for the next trips in the future.